Monday, February 18, 2008

Commenting Cuniculi

It occurs to me that I'm discriminating against non-bloggers by disallowing anonymous postings.

I have now enabled "anonymous" postings but I feel rather uncomfortable that someone can just leave a message and not claim ownership of that message. I will therefore only publish a comment if

a) the comment is reasonable, respectable and polite;
b) you leave a name or ID to which subsequent comments can refer.

I will not publish comments otherwise.

Mean, ain't I?

1 comment:

poetreader said...

a very wise choice. Just this minute I finished crafting an angry response to just such an anonymous comment on The Continuum.
I don't think I'd have allowed it, but "master of comments" is not my role on our joint blog, and one of the other brethren did OK it. The cyberworld is full of nasty folk who merely want to throw out insults under a veli of anonymity. That is NOT conversation.

ed