Thursday, August 24, 2006

Needling Christians










I had one of my "visions" while at Elmore. Not, one of the great ecstasies of St Hildegard of Bingen, or, I hope, the ravings of a religious nut, but just a thought that occurred to me as I looked at the sign post to Speen and mused upon the meaning of conversatio mores.

I saw a landscape rather like the bell of a trumpet or a tuba, only in darkness. Above the central abyss shone the light of Christ and around it were Christians represented by compasses who were pointing to that Light. However there seemed to me to be only one path from the ground of the landscape to the Light, all other routes would lead into the dark depths of the abyss beneath. I am sure that the compasses represented the Christians inclination to Christ, but that their position around the abyss meant that if they followed the direction from that position, they would fall into the abyss still pointing Christwards.

It doesn't do just to be magnetised to Christ. We need to be where He wants us to be in order to progress to Him.

No comments: