Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another by the Babylonian waters.

I am privileged to have among my acquaintances Fr Anthony Chadwick from the TAC who pops in on the Anglican Diaspora forum when he can. In response to comments made about my previous post, he has published the following reflection which I find rather reassuring. The fact that he thinks that I am young means he is my friend for life, especially since I was asked by one of the boys what it was like arguing personally with Martin Luther!

Thank you Fr Chadwick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the kind words.

Being British and living the "other" side of the Channel, American-style bickering is foreign to me.

I appreciate your thought.

I turn 50 this year, so my perspective on people's ages is getting distorted. I imagined you to be in your 30's or something like that. Anyway, age doesn't matter. We're somewhere along the way of our pilgrimage!

My long experience with contemporary Roman Catholicism and the real ideological battlefields enables me to relativise the difficulties of Anglicanism.

Keep up the good work, and I hope my ideas and analysis prove useful and helpful.

Fr. Anthony